Drawing room This is a truly amazing and spacious area, for everyone to relax and meet up in. It is heated with heavy duty log burner backed up by central heating for your comfort. Being apart from the house it can be a quiet haven or a buzzing room to gather in.
Sitting room or TV room An elegant and comfortable room this can be used as a secondary sitting area to play games, watch TV and generally have fun.
Kitchen Comprehensively equipped, the cooker and facilities here will allow you to cater for everyone with ease, with a separate Pantry offering ample storage for your goodies and Utility Room with washing and drying equipment.
Bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room This double room has the capacity for an additional bed situated on the ground floor, particularly useful if anyone in the party prefers not to climb stairs.
Bedroom 4 Double bedroom adjacent to a bathroom.
Double bedroom with an en-suite shower room with the capacity to have an additional bed if required.
Twin bedroom with stunning views to the south west.
Twin bedroom ideally for the younger generation as the doorway is low.
At the front of the house there is a large raised patio area which faces south west and catches the sun virtually all day and at the back is a second large patio and courtyard area which is very private and has tables and chairs together with a barbeque for outdoors eating.
To the rear the Top Garden is a large area available for guests to explore and enjoy. The views from here are stunning with Hay on Wye and the Black Mountains to the south and The Radnor Hills to the South West. Although it is only a stones’ throw from the back door it is perfect for picnics or simply exploring and links into a footpath walk.
Car parking is at the side and front of the house for at least seven cars. If more vehicles are likely these can be accommodated by prior arrangement.
This is an old house therefore there are some uneven floors and small steps on the ground floor. If wheelchair access is required this is possible but it would be best to discuss with us before booking.
We will be delighted to welcome you and ask that you respect our house for our benefit and for the benefit of future guests.
- Two pets are welcome (by prior arrangement and at a nominal cost) provided they are kept under control, do not venture beyond the ground floor and are kept off furniture and are not left unattended at any time. When outdoors, but on the property dogs must be kept on a lead. Please keep the area clear of any fouling and remember we are surrounded by farm land which often has livestock grazing. This is particularly important during the lambing period.
- Assistance dogs are welcome and different rules apply - we will be happy to discuss this.
- Wifi is available
- Smoking is permitted only in the rear courtyard, where ashtrays are provided, and not in any area indoors.
- The recycling system will be explained on your arrival.
- Initial supplies of dishwasher tablets, washing machine soap, loo paper and fire wood, are provided.
- All the linen and towels etc. are provided.
- A list of local hostelries and eating place will be provided as well as direction maps to supermarkets etc. Some Indian restaurants will deliver.
- We will be delighted to answer any further questions you may have.
- Two cots and high chairs are available